Thursday, June 4, 2009

More updates

More sewing done.

This time - dolls. Gypsy dolls. The adult has bells in his stuffing, so he jingles when he's moved. I only intended to do him, but the others were just too cute not to do. He's a gypsy storyteller - all I need to do is embroider his vest with various motifs. Most of the clothing is hand-stitched, and the patterns for the little dolls were bodged together based on larger patterns. Seemed to work out reasonably well.



The other completed project - a dress for the wedding of friends. It's a Claire McCardell 1940's pattern, and worked out better than I had expected, in all honesty. It looks pretty darned good on me, as well. Now all I have to do is come up with jewelry and a 1940's hairstyle!
The pic doesn't do it justice, really. It's floor length and drapey... very nice. And flattering, which is a nice change for me and dresses! All it lacks is a hook-and-eye for the back and I am completely done with it. Yay!
Next up, working on the Bento Box quilt and other dolls. Probably. Except working with Donna to finish her dress for the wedding.




No comments: