Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Right.. updates

So, between being sick as a dog and faire and all... I've been busy. Mostly being sick. But... it's almost all gone, and faire is over, so I can make time for posting again!

There are a LOT of updates to be had: my project list has changed dramatically - added more, finished some, and so on. And we've decided to add a fence to the garden-to-be, and are using pallets to make the fence. Means staining the pallets as we get them. I would do some today, but it just rained, so no staining today.
This one might just be picture heavy, so be warned. I've done a lot recently.

The octopus for the child of friends. He's made of blue/black tafetta, so his color shifts. He will stand up on his eight legs, too, thanks to a little rice in the tips. I may add eyes to him. He looks like he is blowing a kiss. The pattern is adapted from Runi, who makes absolutely fabulous little stuffies!





The metallic pillow. It was a test for another project, and did not turn out like I wanted, but I like the look, so it became a pillow. It's stuffed with pieces of fabric - heavy, but comfy. Three layers of silk dupioni in copper, silver, and gold. It's like a D&D gamer's favorite pillow - all the monies you could need!



After seeing Johanna, other people decided they wanted a poppet of their characters. So, the ones I have completed so far are: Katherine Boothe, the town crier, in blues, and Ellie Chandler, the candle maker's daughter, in the yellows. Like Johanna, each of them comes with their own set of accessories: a bell for the crier and candles for Ellie. Although the picture doesn't show it, Ellie's hat is singed and burnt, like the original's.












A cat hat for a newborn. There are three others to go with this, all in various shades. Now all I have to do is find a time and way to get them to the kid.







These are not the only things I've done, but they are all I am going to post right now. I have also completed a new skirt for myself at faire (a circle and a half, very swirly), a poppet for my character (who needs the new skirt still), finished cutting out the pieces of the Bento Box quilt I am working on, and started on a dress for the reception of a friend's wedding: it's to be a masquerade ball, which means I need to find my mask. And think about hair styles. And there's more... but right now I can't think.





No comments: