Thursday, July 9, 2009

Updates....

Okay, so I let lots of time lapse between updates. Real life - that life outside of faire and sewing, that is - got in the way. For one, I now have a real, 40-hour-a-week, professional job. Makes me happy to finally be back in a job! However, it does mean less time for sewing and stuff, since I am away from home between 10 to 12 hours every weekday. And weekends... that's the running around doing things and doing housecleaning that I don't have as much time for on weekdays.

That doesn't mean I am not sewing, though. Currently I am making a chemise de la reine for a League of Extrordinary Gentlemen party. The overdress is done except for the hemming, and the underdress is waiting for a corset to arrive from a friend, so I can match fabrics.

The other project is a doll for a former faire actress, now living in Europe. Her 'sisters' commissioned the doll, and it's the first one I've done 1. with a hoop and 2. from pictures and drawings only. Never met the woman who played the character, but have pictures a plenty. Once these dolls are done, I will do the sisters.

And of course, I am working on several long term projects, and adding more all the time. I am almost done with a pirate doll for myself. He needs a headscarf and an eyepatch and he will be done. Those SHOULD be done tonight, and maybe I can get pictures up soon. Took measurements for silk duvet covers, and planned out one of two Christmas gifts that I will hopefully make this year for relatives. I had thought about a third, but if I do it, it will wind up as a birthday present next year. :( Too much to do and too little time to do it in.

Anyway... hopefully I will get updated soon with more pics.

No comments: