Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Look and New Goal

I officially declare this blog a do-over.  Give it a make-over, send it out into the world revamped and renewed.

I am currently working on several projects.  I've finished several more, and am keeping busy with a variety of things.  On the WIP list I have: Condor doll, fleece quilt, and costuming for Faith Strangeways (a traveling faire character).  On the finished list: several more dolls, a gift for my sister, and a small pirate-themed purse.

I am keeping up with the writing: 29k words into it - started almost three weeks ago.  I am also reading: how can I not?  The most recent reading list (in progress) includes: Complete Dorothy Sayers Stories, Cheer Leader (from the 50's), and The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (borrowed from my sister).  Two are good and one (Cheer Leader) is silly.

Faire is over for the summer, and I am in some ways glad.  I can relax now - time to have weekends back for a bit.  Catch up on all my projects, spend time with the cat, and just hang out.  It's been brutally hot and humid here - never a good combination - so we've been doing a lot inside recently.  And lots of estate sales.  I've gotten some interesting things, and if I had more room would have gotten even more.  Oh... and we bought wild plums at a farmer's market, and I am going to plant the pits and see if we can grow our own.  That would be cool - and maybe next year or beyond I can make jelly for my dad: he loves plum, and we used to make wild plum jelly every summer.  It's gotten harder to find wild plums on the road side, so we stopped.

So... there's the first update.  This blog will now hopefully be more consistent, about more than JUST the sewing projects - although a lot of it will be that - and more about the misc. other things happening in my life.

No comments: