Thursday, July 1, 2010

Books books and more books

Finished The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie last night.  An excellent read - good enough that I went immediately on to the next book - The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag.  So far it's just as engaging, if not moreso.  The only problem will be once I finish this one... I'll have to wait.  Fortunately, there SHOULD be another Terry Pratchett out this year (in a few months, I hope).

On mine, I've reached 34k.  It's migrating along just fine, save that one of my characters completely re-invented himself.  He was angsty originally.  He is no longer - instead he's disgustingly cheerful.  I am all right with that - better that than angst.  He just caught me off guard.  So, off to rescue a dead man from Hell while the world falls apart around them....

And sewing.  I am still putting hair on a doll.  It's taking longer than I expected - mostly because of Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and Weed that Strings....  I can't put them down!

No comments: