Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fish, Fish, More Fish, and Yellow Wallpaper

Louisiana....  I've been before, but not to the area we visited this long weekend.  It was ups and downs: I'd never been there before, so I didn't know the people, and they didn't know me.  I was definitely the outsider.  So that was uncomfortable.  The bathroom was a little odd: half yellow and green plaid wallpaper, half yellow and green floral print (very vivid print, at that).  The floor was a slightly puffy yellow Moorish tile pattern linoleum.  With a sage green bathmat.

We went fishing.  A lot.  I don't even like to eat fish.  But.  We went fishing.  I caught a few brim, a catfish - and lost two more, including the requisite "big one that got away."  The weirdest thing about the catfish... they make noise!  The one I caught made little oinking sounds.  I guess he was trying to be scary, but it just made me feel sorry for him.  Glad I am not going to eat him/her/it.  I also went 'vegetarian fishing.'  Caught a leaf, a tree, and two tufts of grass.

I did manage to finish reading The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Noose.  It was even better than the first book - I enjoyed all of it, and the main character has learned a little humility.  It was an excellent book.  I just wish it wouldn't be as long a wait as it will be before the next book.  (If that makes sense).

I missed my cat, I missed my sewing machine, and missed my own bed.  There's so much to catch up on now that I will be busy busy busy for the rest of the week.

No comments: