Monday, June 16, 2008

After the Weekend

Spent a nice quiet weekend doing crafty-type things. And hanging out with the cat on Sunday. So, Saturday's list of progress involves: the hapi-coat style jacket - lining is done. Don't have the material for the shell yet. So, it will sit and wait. But, like a dork, I forgot to grab the pics, so that will have to wait until tomorrow. I like it, even if it's not exactly what I intended. Or expected. Still have scads of kimono fabric left, and want to find something to do with them that will show them off. Maybe another piece of clothing. Dunno. Also got almost finished with two kimono fabric bags. I have a clasp/closure for one of them - will try to get it stitched on tonight. The other... not so sure. It came out wider than deep, which is not a big deal, but not what I expected. And both bags still need straps.


Also finished six stuffed rats. Sounds like a line from the 12 Days of XMas. They are all cute. Like almost all the stuffed rats. I have to stop making these until I figure out what to do with them all!


Grand total of 26 bookmarks completed. Can finish about 5 more before I run out of ribbon/beads/etc. I like them, and so do several other people who've seen them.



THINK I've figured out the cat pattern. Will handstitch one today to make sure it doesn't come out looking wonky, and make sure it DOES look like a cat. Starting with black fleece, since it doesn't ravel and so forth, and not at all because it looks like my own personal hellion, Belanna. Honest. Never name a cat after a Klingon.


Didn't get much writing done, but that's okay. Hopefully will today, in between looking for new job.

Saturday was invited to friends' house for dinner. Wound up doing my crafting over there - it was nice to craft with other people for a change. I am a social animal, and like having people around when I feel like doing stuff. Writing is good on my own, but crafting... that seems to be a social effort to me. Always has, and maybe that's why. Anyway... dinner was excellent! And I got leftovers. BOY, did I get leftovers. Steak, risotto, salad, roasted garlic, corn on the cob. The whole bit! It was lovely, and the social part was great fun. I don't get to see both of them at the same time very often, so this was a nice evening.

No comments: