Thursday, April 9, 2009

The vest and the rug



So I now have pics of the vest and the rug. The only thing left on the vest is grommeting, which will be done by Donna either tonight or tomorrow (probably tomorrow). The rug just needs binging around the edges, and that can wait until it gets flatter and more the tromped-down shape it's going to be in the future.





Here's the front of the vest. The back is, of course, more of the same kind of slashing. As it ages and gets washed, the slashing will open up more to reveal the underlayers, which are black, green, and black, respectively. Hopefully Morgan will like it - it's only for mud days at faire on the chessboard, but still....


Speaking of Morgan. It's her birthday this Saturday. She will be 18. The vest is part of her gift. The other is music. Because music is always good.


And then, of course, there's the rug. One of two - have the pieces for the other one, but haven't started putting them together yet. I'll work on that one soon... It's amazing what you can do with a bunch of remnants and samples from upholstery places!
The fleece hoodie is done, I just haven't taken any pics of it yet. It's comfortable, a little rough looking, and just the way I want it. I like it, exposed zipper and lack of hemming included. I may take pinking shears to the edges just to add a little something to it, though. The hood leaves a lot to be desired; there's not a whole lot of hood there! But... I rarely use the hood on a hoodie anyway, so it's all good. Pics of that up next time, I guess, along with whatever else I finish.
Right now I am working on the rain hanging. Hard to explain, but should be quite nice when it's done.

2 comments:

Yoyo said...

I stopped by to Welcome you to the Totally Useless Sal and read a bit of your blog. Boy you do all kinds of projects!! I'll have to come back when I have a few extra minutes and see more than I had time for this morning, it sure looks interesting. Thanks for joining us.

Shay said...

Thanks for dropping by! I do have a lot of things going - and always room for one more!