Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Stilts!

Last night I learned the basics of walking on stilts. My goal is to be a stiltwalker at Screams this year, and thus... stiltwalking classes called to me. The folks teaching said I 'rock' which is a good thing! I learned to walk, turn, and deal with terrain - and in theory to fall, even though I haven't. Yet. I am certain it will only be a matter of time, though!

Next Monday evening I should learn slightly more advanced things - walking backwards, side-stepping (strafing) and walking backwards uphill.

I was given the chance to walk on 2 foot and 3 foot stilts. I like both of them... and I am shooting for the jumping stilts. THOSE look like they would be a blast!

http://www.getjumpingstilts.com/pom115bl.html

This is my goal. :) We'll see if I can get there!

No comments: