Monday, December 7, 2009

Baskets baskets baskets

We made twenty-odd fabric baskets this weekend.  And now we are making twenty-odd scarves... because we have plans.  But.  I am amazingly proud of all of these baskets.  We took pictures galore... I am only posting the nicest of them all...  It went very swiftly with two of us working on them.

So far we've been asked by 5 people if we are making them to sell.  Initially the answer was, "Well, no, not really...."  But from here on out, the answer is "Why, yes... yes we are.  Interested?" 

Sitting here drinking cherry-pomegranate juice with a little lemon juice mixed in to cut the sweet of the cherry.  It's really quite tasty, and a very pretty color. 

I accidentally tripped the breaker on the den tonight... apparently two space heaters (one is for the plants on the back porch, the other for inside) is too much.  So.... tripped breaker and my roommate saying "Oh, THAT'S not good."  I came close to panic, since the last house I was in the breakers fried themselves and took out the electricity to half the house.  But, all was well, just unplugged the inside space heater and re-set the breaker.  No harm done.  *whew*  And ultimately, when in the den, I can dress warmer.  The plants can't.  So they get the space heater.  I can still have the one in  my bedroom.  (Roomie likes cold.  I don't.  My knee doesn't.  My lungs don't.  She sleeps with her windows open when it's 20 degrees outside.  I have a space heater.  It works).

No comments: