Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snow....

Somehow I do not expect snow in North Texas... out in West Texas, sure, but not here....  And yet, we have snow.  In November (err... December... I forget we've switched months).  Hard falling beautiful white-gray silver snow.  I am saddened that it will not stick, but given the driving proclivities of Dallas-Fort Worth drivers, it's probably for the best!  Those who are not here at work are calling to say it is snowing.  Those who are here are looking out the windows and talking about the snow.

Have so many crafts to do, and so much to write, and I want to go play outside.  Here I sit at work, staring out the distant windows, craning my neck to see the snow fall that is so thick it's a blanket, but flakes so large you can see individual ones plummet past.  No gentle dry snow this - heavy, wet, flakes that drop like little boulders.  I want to be out there.

But I will drink homemade hot chocolate and look out the windows, and be grateful that I have the choice - I have a nice warm place to be. 

There is writing to be done, and crafts to be done.  I will be able to get more done tonight if I can stay awake.  I have a group project I am working on, I need to finish Joanne's doll, and I need to work on my Christmas presents. 

No comments: