Monday, December 1, 2008

Skull Coat and XMas Gifts

The skull coat is done and looks better than I anticipated. I have another one in the works already - a phoenix coat. The base is red, and the motifs will be, obviously enough, phoenixes, flames, and feathers. But I am also working on a new quilted coat - as soon as I figure out the motif, I will post more. Suffice to say that the test piece will be something different.

Some friends are preggers, and will be decorating the kid-to-be's room in sealife, a sea mural, and shades of blue. So they will be getting (at some point) a blue octopus. Matt dared me to make a blue-ringed octopus (the color changing kind). I think I can manage with taffeta... I will have to see. (After XMas gifts are done!)

I am also working on a brightly colored fleece blanket - just because. I want something simple and not terribly detailed for a change. The squares will be nice and large, but I still need something like 144 for a single-thickness, and obviously double that for the double thickness. I will bind it will scraps of quilt binding, so even the edges will be different colors.

Other than that, it's prep time for XMas... I've completed two Christmas presents for family already. Only... errr... more to go. Lots of work left to do.

No comments: